Likes this so much I reblogged it on to my page 🙂
These are from my husband’s side of the family. Essentially it’s sweetened dough with a savory hamburger and cabbage filling.
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 lg. onions
- Worcestershire sauce (the recipe calls for 1 tsp., but my MIL adds WAY more than that)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shred cabbage and chop onions.
- Brown ground beef. (Try saying that five times fast).
- When meat is browned, remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- Add shredded cabbage and chopped onions to pan with reserved drippings, steam until tender, approx. 15 minutes.
- Add seasonings. Cool mixture if you have the time to.
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 2 cups warm milk or water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 or 8 cups flour (enough to make soft dough)
- Soften yeast in liquid.
- Using stand…
View original post 95 more words