Oranges, Grapefruits, Lemons Oh My
By: nicci richardson
Here is a pretty nifty way to turn your lunch or snack into a candles, as long as it is a citrus fruit it will work.
- Citrus Fruit (Grapefruit, Lemon, Oranges, Limes)
- Any Type Of Oil (Olive, Vegetable, Canola etc.)
- Knife or pumpkin carver
- Remove using the knife or eat the middle of the fruit, making sure you leave the middle stem intact.
- When cutting out the meat of the fruit, it is easiest to go from the edges in.
- If time allows let fruit dry out for 1-2 hours.
- Then fill fruit with your oil to just below the center stem.
- You are then ready to light your citrus wick and you will have a fully functioning candle.
So give it a try even go with a lime its an inexpensive way to have sent and light in your home.
Til next time friends,
The Sleepless Mommie